otrdiena, 2013. gada 15. oktobris

Tuesday

 Suck an amazingly beautiful and inspirational day it was! That is what i expected from this week, that is what i wanned to experience!  
All the way to the business places, mini bus windows showed me breath taking England`s landscapes. I really enjoyed all the way we spent in buses, especially when Bob, Gareth and Karl started to sing some English songs. I felt like i had a group of amazingly talented guides around me all day long and i enjoyed it fully - with eyes open and productive thoughts in my head most of the time.


And those very small roads where is only space for one car! And friendly British people in front of us, waiting for our mini buses to go further, sharing that very small "room" on the roads. (:


So now you know that i got totally excited bout this trip in England`s countryside - if you are here to search for some negative information, it wont be here, not in this post.
First of all we visited Hopes of Longtown, where woman (all my notes are in my bed, cant write all names right now) made a shop for villagers. I was a bit surprised that there is approx. 150 costumers per day - im not sure if there is that many costumers even in my village shop, but, well... we are Latvian though.
I am more interested in farming - right now trying to take decisions between sheep farming or beef cows and that`s another reason why i really enjoyed this day - two of these farms had sheeps and another two - beef cows and i was able to see and hear other farmer experience, opinions and advices.


So i went inside that shop and decided to buy a book that i never read before (that`s pretty weird cuz im reading a lot but never read The Alchemist before) - that`s how i got a souvenir for myself. Wrote some notes in the first page so now i will remember bout this week in England every time, when i will see this book in my bookshelf. Happy alma is happy.


Then we went to the place, where family is producing their own farm`s food into restaurant food. That is one of my ideas how to improve my farming too, so again - for me it was very useful and interesting. Lunch was goooorgeous, enjoyed that part too.
I dont even know what bad i could say here. Weather was perfect for autumn day, welcoming was very warm and people around me were amazingly inspirational.


Then we went to Wiggly Wigglers - well, that is one bloody serious business there! Didn`t expect that we will be able to visit something like that. Again - i was able to speak about beef cows and get to know some of those practical things better. Got some new ideas how to use brans some day and i havent been in the farm where totally all of the lands are rented before - was interesting to see things from that point of view. 

I cant wait for tomorrow`s group work and results and conclusions which we will make at the end.
If i need to me honest - im getting really tired of people around me all the time. So after dinner im usually really tired already and i dont want to do any "getting social and let`s be BFF" things. My own problem, of course.
Today was my daddy`s birthday and i spent most of the day thinking bout him, us, our family and farm. This is awesome and very useful week, but at the same time am getting more and more ready to go home and share all this information with others.

2 komentāri:

  1. This is a great post Alma, I really enjoyed reading it. :)

    AtbildētDzēst
  2. Thanks for sharing! Great observations and reflections, and thanks for your honesty. It can be hard having so many people around you and socializing 24/7!

    AtbildētDzēst